News from the Cape of Cod – Week 11
Our Cosmic Connection
Here we are more than half-way through the summer, and it has been a memorable one for weather. Today is sunny, warm (77 degrees) and low humidity. (sigh of contentment) Actually, that was yesterday. Today is cloudy and cool.
Frank, one of the realtors at Raveis Realty in Osterville, sent my daughter this picture of the Cape Cod Canal from a plane. Beautiful!
The traffic, my favorite subject, is heavy, but moving surprisingly with courtesy and patience. That includes the out-of-state-drivers as well as the residents. It is congested, but only because most of our roads are two lanes, and not built for speed. Probably by the end of summer, I will wish I really did have a jet pack broom, like Grannie Goodwitch, or at least I was more versed in Astral Travel.
The Writers Studio is coming along famously. Last Friday, everyone brought their devices (lap-tops, mostly) and without much ado, the members paired off and worked together helping each other. It was a very productive meeting.
Something Bloody is completely written, and in edit by me. I am working on the graphics, and chapter headings. It is already cut and pasted into the book size. My sister, Donna, in San Antonio, (bless her) is helping me edit this one and hopefully, the other members of the writers’ studio will do some Beta Reading for me.
I was shocked when I wrote the last chapter. I fully expected to write some more, but it was DONE I was told by my whoever they are. As they really wrote it (who else can I blame?) they had the rights and privileges to say it was complete and not to do another thing to the story.
That catches you up on that end of the spectrum.
For this blog, I want to touch on the Fifth Season – Late Summer which will begin August 22nd through October 21st. This season, in the Zodiac, falls from Sagittarius into Libra. And the accompanying Meridians are the Spleen and Stomach. According to TCM, these are the Earth Elements.
There are 12 signs in the Zodiac, and 12 major organs in the body, six are yin and six are yang
In TCM there are five elements that are talked about, I reasoned there had to be six, because of the major organs. The one element not included in some of the readings I have done in TCM was the element of Spirit. I included that in the Early Spring season, which is the awakening of nature and bridges from winter into spring. I will most probably be taken to task for this.
These two organ systems are the Three Heater and Circulation Sex, sometimes named The Triple Burner or Three Heater, and encompasses ENERGY and is used as a diagnostic tool in Chinese Herbal Medicine. The Pericardium, or Circulation Sex function is to protect the heart, both physically and emotionally, and to help us energetically connect sexuality with love.
As far as earthly elements, water, wood, metal, fire and earth or dirt, these are all elements that are seen and felt. Spirit is the energetic force.
My apologies to Luc Besson, there really are Six elements… I reference his film (and one of my favorites) The Fifth Element
Now, without further ado, or as my friend Monty would say, “And now for something completely different.”
The Six Seasons are:
- Winter – Water Element, begins December 22 to February 21st. Meridians are Kidney and Bladder. The Zodiac signs are Capricorn and Aquarius
- Early Spring – Spirit Element – February 22nd to April 21st. (The Spring Equinox) The Meridians are the Three Burner, and the Pericardium (Sex meridian) the Zodiac Signs are Pisces and Aires
- Spring – Wood Element – begins April 22nd, to June 21st (Summer Solstice) The Meridians are the Liver and Gall Bladder, and the Zodiac Signs are Taurus and Gemini.
- Summer – Fire Element – begins June 22nd to August 21st. The Meridians are the Heart and Small Intestine, and the Zodiac Signs are Cancer and Leo.
- Late Summer – Earth Element – begins August 22nd to October 21st (Fall Equinox September 21st) The meridians are the Spleen and Stomach, and the Zodiac Signs are Virgo and Libra.
- – Fall – Metal Element – begins October 22nd to December 21st (Winter Solstice) The Meridians are the Lungs and Large Intestine. And the Zodiac Signs are Scorpio and Sagittarius.
There you have it. After referencing three of my books for the correct information, I have finally put the chart together. Boring, I know but someone, somewhere may like it.
Basically what I’ve done here is tied TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) and the Zodiac or (Astrology), and the Cosmos (Star signs) together – Our Cosmic Connection.
On a happier note, here is another reason people flock to The Cape of Cod…….
Did you know the Cape of Cod sits on a bed of crystal? No wonder I love it here.
Dowse Beach in Osterville — Photo by Tina Finkbeiner (my daughter)
Happy Summer… (It is almost over.) 15 weeks of tourist season but the rest of the time it becomes ours.